BEACONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The importance of politeness

3 posters

Go down

The importance of politeness Empty The importance of politeness

Post by Astarte89 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:33 pm

First, there is official definition for the word: behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people.
But, in my opinion, there is more - you define yourself by it, show class, protect yourself from unnecessary quirrels,
keep your personal space, create a positive atmosphere.
By being polite, you form a shell around yourself - there is a distance. Between you and them, there is respect.

Just that simple, and many inconvenient experiences are avoided. You teach people how you are to be treated.
When someone is rude to you, with no reason, it is obvious they have no class or proper upbringing, but it doesnt mean
you need to go down to their level. And argue about something. Never fight with ignorance - it will drag you down to their level
and beat with experience. Be polite, be kind and dont expect anything in return.

It really bothers me when I see a particular kind of behavior in charity organizations. I cant but get a feeling some are only interested
to make themselves seem to be helping, instead of really helping others. First, they never listen to people, let alone ask what they really need.
Then they always expect something for the help they (mostly) force upon. Also, why the fuzz over social recognition?

In my opinion, it is important to be a good person instead of trying to keep a good image. When people want to talk and create rumors, they will. Regardless if it is true or not. In the end it only matters who you really are. Not what others are made to believe. But in order to maintain class, and to keep that kind of problems away. It is very important not to communicate with people who talk ill about others. They never only talk to you about someone, they also talk about you. When people see you together, they believe those silly stories. But if they know you are far from friends, it is obvious the rumors are made up.

There are a lot of public persons who ruin their lives by simply being rude to the press. No wonder mostly negative stories or "slander" are published when they only hang up or tell them to "go away". Also, nowadays there is social media and everyone can be a "journalist" when they have enough followers. People can become a "negative hero" simply by offending someone, who knows how to make a big deal of it. It doesnt cost anything to be friendly and considerate, but it can cost a lifetime to those who are not polite.

I know, in the end it is very hard to keep balance between being genuine and living a peaceful life. When you are doing well, there are a lot of envy people who want to drag you down. But if they see you are actually there to lift them up, it stops. If someone wants a "piece of you" then it means they want to be recognized as a human being, so be nice to them. Everyone deserves respect.
Astarte89
Astarte89

Back to top Go down

The importance of politeness Empty Re: The importance of politeness

Post by Admin Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Politeness can go a long way and help people have harmony and avoid unnecessary fighting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beacons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astarte89 Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 am

Exactly. But for me, it is also a shield. I am mostly introvert, so I need to set up boundaries, in all kinds of communication. Luckily, I was tought that as a child and it really substitutes great communication skills - to be able to act politely and mostly listen to others.
Astarte89
Astarte89

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm

I really like what you have to say! I hadn't thought of politeness as a shield before. I am totally gonna ponder it now though. Thank you Astarte89!
✔️
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beacons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astarte89 Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 am

Thank you for appreciation Smile
Astarte89
Astarte89

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightworld1 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Well said, politeness will keep you balance to overcome what you might be faced with for understanding and love to reign, politeness is a shield

Lightworld1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum